Sunday, October 26, 2008

Part 2 Patch impressions "Plague of Zombies"


Well I have more video content to come out for you guys so stay tuned. I have added a new post at the bottom of this blog to see how many of my viewers presently play WoW. I know this may seem like a silly question, but I do have quite a few comments that they don't play but find these videos interesting.

Tomorrow I will be working to update both this post and the post below with lots of links of the items shown in the last 2 videos.

I have upgraded my video card to show the dynamic shadows in the game. See this video has a lot of examples. It's a great effect and makes things look a bit more 3d. I'm not sure if I am 100% happy with the card though as out in open areas it lags a lot. even if I turn the shadows down and use my old settings. Not sure if I want to put in the old card for smoother game experience without the shadows, or try to figure out this card. I may have a chance to exchange it , post in comments here or on my You Tube page on what video card you are using , if you are exceptionally happy with it.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

First

Anonymous said...

I see that you have a small brown box in the bottom right corner..Looks like a threat meter and i'm thinking its blizzards. Kinda wondering how you get that on the screen if you can tell me.

Anonymous said...

Hey hobbs, could you commment a bit of your weapon of choice now with the new patch? Spell damage vs high dps weapon? Which you prefer?

Anonymous said...

To the second poster, its Omen threat meter, download from www.curse.com

Another good vid hobbs, two thumbs up!

Anonymous said...

hi
im wonder do you have any tips on how to lvl fast ?

i have a lvl 48 druid (feral) and finding it hard to lvl fast.

so if you have any tips at all plz say

Anonymous said...

i*

Anonymous said...

I recommend downloading DMB from curse gaming to allow you to view timers to see when things are coming. This should help you in that ZA fight. I also think you should lay off the zombie event, it only happens once and you should enjoy it while it lasts instead of flaming it. IT last what about a 0.3% of how long WoW has been on for? Enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

if you bubble the zombie goes away and www.wowmatrix.com is better cus it atuo put thgr mods in the folders

Anonymous said...

fyi about the achievements, blizz has said that there wont be anything else than cosmetic stuff as rewards

Anonymous said...

Hey Hobbs, i think your a really good tank and the way you tanked the King of Thunderbluff was brill. My best mate told me about you and that you know his cousin. He helped you kill the King and i think that you both could do anything if you were fully epic. Anyways, i just made it to level 70 i have a night elf hunter and it took me 8 months to get there but i just cant wait to lay into a Group of Horde XD. 1 more thing, i think a person that can pull a whole instance is Wicked, i pulled the whole on Deadmines when i was level 65 but left the boat -.- OK i love your videos and they are teaching me so much more. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Bye

WoW Puma said...

Hey Hobbs, Just wondering how much gold you make per run on SM Cath if you are soloing. I know it has nothing to do with this video. But just curious.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hobbs! Im having some trouble with the new patch... i dont quite understand whats new about the pally tanking and i was wondering if you could show how you do when you tank, what spells you use for what purpose. Would love to hear about how much gold you make in all the instances, like a tab with all instances and around how much you make =)
Well i hope to see a new video soon and Good luck! ;)

Anonymous said...

I got a tip for you! if you dont already know it =)
In Scarlet Monastery - Armory you can make it and easy and verry fast pull.
What you do is pull the first outdoor room in 1 pull and kill, then you let your party stay up the stairs while you sneak past all mobs untill the end and then you pull backwards, that way your party members dont have to risk getting attacked while running after you and you get a full instance. after youve killed evry one off there is only bosss left. so its only to go get him or start over =) i think i made a full run in SM armory in less then 5 min! ;)
So Good luck with your playing!
the poster above was from me too ^^ same guy :P

Kirsikivi said...

hmm... the zombies
after few times i died with my lvl 2 banker in ( female :D ) SW i decided to take off my clothes and dance in a empty AH :) i found out i have brown underwear :D ( discovery !! ) thats all i have to say , and reinstalling the addons was a pain in the g-string ;) :D

yetaur said...

Hey Hobbs i was wondering what relm are you on?I relly need a better relm.

Scott Pritchard said...

Hey Hobbs, Chronalis from Ghostlands EU here (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Chronalis) (You might remember me from posting an earlier comment).

Just checked out your talents. You aren't far off with what you have, but swap out redoubt for Touched by the Light. While redoubt is nice (and probably essential from 75 onwards), Touched by the Light is essential as soon as you can pick it up ;).

Keep up the good work!

BigSou said...

"Hey hobbs, could you commment a bit of your weapon of choice now with the new patch? Spell damage vs high dps weapon? Which you prefer?"

I am also wondering about your lack of spell damage gear on the armory.

Can you please elaborate on this choice. I also am a prot pally and pull instances like ZF and Strat and would like to know if there are advantages to how you geared your character. I am level 67 and standing at 420 spell damage and 9k hp.

Anonymous said...

Hey hobbs i llove your videos and i started wow because of you hope you keep making awesome vids

Anonymous said...

Hey hobbs im finding it hard to level in any class i play any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

hey hobbs i want to know what i should do every quest i do i end up dying somehow.

Anonymous said...

this was by far the best video you have ever put out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh ya also, do you still ahve to be lvl 15 or higher to join ur guild?

Anonymous said...

Hey Hobbs,
Regarding your video card, it really depends on what card you have. If you were to tell me which card you upgrading to and what your previous card was, I could help you further. Thanks!

Like my videos? To click here.

Thank you for watching!

Check out Hobbs from Stormreaver on the US server in the Armory here. Please use this blog to help - along with the comments to help. I try to answer everything in my vids, so chances are the answer is just a few views away.

New! now you can refer to my FAQ page, which is a growing list, if you don't see your question there now, keep checking back.

World of Warcraft™ and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. This site is in no way associated with or endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment®.

Which Invention is Cooler?