Monday, November 24, 2008

Level 70-75











Many have e-mailed me wondering if I like the new expansion, I love it. Graphically it's awesome, the quests are simple and many of them fun. It feels a bit too easy, but it could be because of some of the entry epic I had received, I could only imagine those who got T6 before the Lich king. Now for leveling, I know there are some whom are level 80 right now and congrats to all of them. Do I feel behind? Not at all. If you remember when I went from 60-70 it took me like 10 months. Now I have 5 levels within the 1st 10 days. If I hit raiding within 2 weeks from now I will only be 2 weeks behind the top guilds who didn't sleep much the last 2 weeks. I was a full year behind before and felt we moved quite fast. So I am so excited for our guild, we have a few 80's and many more to follow. The numbers will assure we can do heroics at mostly any time of the day. We should badge gear up fast and start hitting the new Naaxx shortly.



Some of the quests that should not be avoided to get some blues (if they are an upgrade) are:




If you are new to level 70, the quest line starting with Word on the Street, which will give you Borean Smasher, Axe of Frozen Death, Staff of the Purposeful Mendicant, Fury of the Raging Dragon, Fang of the Desolate Soul, or Tower of the Infinite Mind.




At level 74 there are a few good chains that will give you blues. The one show in the video is Search and Rescue, which starts with Scourgekabob from Prigmon. The rewards for completing this line are Kurzel's Angst, Kurzel's Rage, or Kurzel's Warband. And the final step of the quest where you put the blouse on Novos the Summoner you receive Shameful Cuffs, Scorned Bands, Accused Wristguards, or Disavowed Bracers.



In this video the items that dropped in order are:



Azjol-Nerub also drops Signet of Arachnathid Command, which I am presently wearing





Novos the Summoner : Robes of Novos

Still working on list... and the list of trinkets I used in BM, check back soon!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hobbs i love that vid man i didnt see ur email address on their so i just wanted to leave u this good coment.your vids(ROCK)!!!! anyways when u got to nax i thought u have to fly there and u were only 71 or 72 .well thats my questions heres my email miracleboy2012@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE ENDING

Anonymous said...

Hey, love your videos. It's always fun to see other people doing what you do. You don't see many people who know what they're doing (or willing to try new things) on my server. Just wanted to let you know about something interesting in Howling Fjord, as it could make for an interesting video... maybe. Warning: this may be a long post.

There's a quest line there that involves going to the expedition camp to the east and at some point ends with you doing a quest that turns you into a harvester mob to infiltrate the Dark Iron mobs operations. The quest had something to do with investigating a thundering noise. When someone goes to the cave to complete that quest, 2 sets of about 10 mobs each spawn. Now here's where the fun begins. After the quest event ends, those mobs typically despawn. However if they are left in combat by the end of the event, they will continue to spawn immediately after each mob dies. The first set of dwarves that spawn for the event will not yield exp nor be lootable, the spawns after those initial dwarves though WILL yield experience and will also be lootable. I was getting over 800 for each kill non-rested at 70. I was getting about 12 bars an hour pulling both sets of mobs constantly. Stayed there till 75 but I'd imagine it'd be decent still after (but probably better to move on).

There are several key things to mention:
1) The spawns can occasionally bug out and not spawn. I noticed this may be depending on how fast you've killed the entire spawn set, as it's only happened when I had a partner with me killing one set of mobs.
2) It is imperative that should someone else start the event while you're fighting, that you be sure to grab either (or both) set of mobs and they're in combat by the end of the event. Or else they will despawn.
3) The place can cater to two people. However the exp/hr is dropped significantly if you're restricted to just one set (about 10 mobs instead of 20+). As far as I've seen, ONLY Protadins can handle these pulls in such a manner. Righteous Fury / Blessing of Sanctuary / Seal & Judgement of Light / Ret or Devo Aura are the only buffs you should need to keep going indefinitely.
4) Looting can be difficult to do as the spawns literally never end. It also kills your exp time. There is however a safe spot in between the two sets, should you need to afk or decide to loot safely. That spot is by the statue there (where the titan image spawns for the event), as far to the wall under the statue if you need to afk.

Hope you can give this a try, it is DEFINITELY an experience worth trying.

Anonymous said...

Ah I forgot to also mention (I'm the one who posted the Fjord pull) that your shield durability will go VERY fast. But that should be obvious for you considering how much AoE pulling you do. While you can use any shield easily for this, I personally favored the Petrified Lichen from Sporeggar rep with a Felsteel Shield Spike. I usually brought at least 2 of those and 1 or 2 extra shields. As after an hour, I usually lost 2-3 shields before I had to either hearth or run to the camp to repair.

Enjoy 75+ btw, prot seriously takes a major turn for the better. With Shield of Righteousness, our itemization changes to pretty much purely STR / STAM / Def rating / avoidance stats. That spell is ridiculously powerful, I'm sure you'd love it as much as I do. I'm gonna probably have to respec to cater to that, as I find less of a need for some of my talents (some of which are mistakes due to the 3.0 changes). Would love to actually hear about your experience on this infinite pull though if can't do a video for it. Feel free to email if you have time: jmiyash4@yahoo.com or if you have a character on Dalaran, leave a mail msg to Notsensible or Oven.

Anonymous said...

Hey man can you tell me what realm you on loving the vids keeps it up

Anonymous said...

AWESOME, grats on all the levels, this vid was cool ty Hobbs!

Anonymous said...

Great vids! Just wanted to know what mods you are using? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

HOW THE HECK DID U MAKE THAT JUMP? Oh by the way hobbs. When u hit 80 could u make a vidoe of deadmines making HUMONGUS pulls? I have a rouge his name is "Umbehindyou' It would be a great vid.

Anonymous said...

Hobbs, I like your screen shots could you maybe post more, because I want to see what imagines you think are unique,

P.S whats your E-mail?? i didn't see it linked??

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hobbs u pwn 'm man, compared to u i'm the just a noob when it comes to prot pallys... Keep it up! and keep making these nice vids, great work man

Btw the spot with the crocodiles? Where could i find it? Been looking all over the place...
Mail or comment if u'd like:
TheNablo@hotmail.com

Thnx in advance

Like my videos? To click here.

Thank you for watching!

Check out Hobbs from Stormreaver on the US server in the Armory here. Please use this blog to help - along with the comments to help. I try to answer everything in my vids, so chances are the answer is just a few views away.

New! now you can refer to my FAQ page, which is a growing list, if you don't see your question there now, keep checking back.

World of Warcraft™ and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. This site is in no way associated with or endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment®.

Which Invention is Cooler?