Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thunder Bluff & 2 Drakes





I looked up my achievement "Bleeding Bloodhoof", and I actually received it on March 3rd, 2009. I still haven't done all 4 Horde bosses, as when I have that many people together, we'd usually be raiding. Plus most of the guild has already done "For the Alliance", in pugs.


So when Ulduar 1st came out we all took a break from Naxx for a few weeks. We just didn't want to see it. Now here comes the problem... those who are geared for Ulduar were getting the loot, where we had a number of level 80's who needed to upgrade. So once we started heading back and doing OS with two drakes, the Eye of Eternity and Vault, our guild strengthened quite a bit. If you have walls in Ulduar, revisiting old content is great due to the massive numbers of drops you can get in a short period of time. You can use this philosophy in any raiding scenario. For instance way back in The Burning Crusade, once you moved on from Karazhan to ZA and SSC. Continue to run Karazhan, as not all your core raiders will have 100% of the loot from there. Plus the new gear from the higher instances will help you speed run through Karazhan.


Lots of loot dropped off of Sartharion, with 2 Drakes up. We recieved the achievement this wednesday June 4th, "Heroic: Twilight Duo".


The loot he dropped was:

Dragon Hide Bag

Satchel of Spoils

Gauntlets of the Lost Vanquisher x 2

Dragon Brood Legguards

The Sanctum's Flowing Vestments

Pennant Cloak

Mantle of the Eternal Sentinel which is Bind on Equip

Note: New Poll at the bottom of this page!

16 comments:

WowRel said...

Hey can you tell me what addons you are using? like the raid frames?

Anonymous said...

wow...the quality of this video was really ,really ,really good!

btw, when you were tanking in thunder bluff, what was the addon that all had the red squares lighting up.

Tony said...

Hey Hobbs! I'm a real fan of your videos. I created a human pally just because of your success with tanking. Could you please show me what you did for your talent tree? I just cant seem to figure mine out. Thanks!

Tony said...

Sorry. I don't know how I can get your message if you decide to reply to my comment. My e-mail is huang_bohan@yahoo.ca. By the way, I have like 9000 gold in the Archimonde server. If you ever decide to play horde, I'll mail you some! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Hobbs!
Maybe you could upload a video where you would show what addons are you using right now, because i dont know 40-50% of your Addons! Actually i wanted to say that ive played a pally (retro) allready and i didnt liked it, because i was lvling very slow and after 3 months of lvling to 40 lvl i deleted my pally! After i watched your videos i created a pally the second time and lvled up protection! I was lvl 50 in 2 weeks!!! Now im in a rush to 80! Thanks man! I am playing on a Russian server and thinked about masspower leveling people on my server! I can now run people threw Deadmines and get a coin for myself and loot for the others!
Keep up the good work!

Tyler UK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler UK said...

Hobbs , First off id like to say how much of a helpfull guy you are . Always posting videos on how to get more Gold or helping your friends . Yea ok power leveling is awesome , but why dont you do some OLD SCHOOL raids EG Kara, mount hyjal and grull .why not go with a full raid or something and just see how easy it is , Idont know . Or maybe some thing Exstra special ? GREAT videos 10/10 always , nice one mate #:)

Tyler UK said...

Also the bru fest is comming up ,maybe some mount Progress getting closer to the 100mounts ? Good luck mate:D

Anonymous said...

New Mic?

G said...

JIZZ IN MY PANTS!

Ryan said...

Hey Hobbs, nice video as usual. A good tactical raid on ol' Thunder Bluff.

My personal experience with loot council hasn't been great, but I know it can work well with a dedicated, loyal guild. I think this is largely true of any of the common loot systems--so long as the guild is tight-knit and the rules are scrupulously applied, all goes well, or well enough. Especially when, as you said, you keep going back to the old stuff occasionally to keep the loot flowing to the lower ranks.

I noticed you referencing the comments on YouTube, but I always keep in mind what I read on the forums somewhere: "Judging the healthiness of the WoW population by the contents of the forums is like judging the healthiness of a country by the contents of its insane asylums." That counts double for YouTube.

-Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I just cant find the FAQ where you show your add-ons, can someone help me?

Anonymous said...

you say in some videos that you're showing us how much gold WE can make, you're not doing that, you're showing us how you run instances and dungeons and you can teach a blind monkey to do that. I believe you should show us how you use you're profs to make gold as well as AH that would make you a lot better with the vids because you call it the hobbs way of making huge gold. Right now it should be renamed how i run instances and how cool i am with my gear and my fancy gold because i can buy everything without showing you how i do it!!!

Ryan said...

@ Anonymous: go read Greedy Goblin.

Everyone has their niche, Hobbs is about raiding, powerleveling, and farming--and most importantly, having a good time while doing it. He has posted multiple times about how he makes gold, mostly by farming instances/mobs and disenchanting the drops.

Unknown said...

Hey Hobbs, Its nice to see new videos! Many people will be appriciated on helping them with new ideas of farming and tips to farm in. I hope you keep making these videos for the unexperinced World of Warcraft players. Thanks a bunch!

Your friend,

Sam Dagher.

Anonymous said...

i am completely reroling cause of these vids! pallys look super fun! cant wait to try em out

Like my videos? To click here.

Thank you for watching!

Check out Hobbs from Stormreaver on the US server in the Armory here. Please use this blog to help - along with the comments to help. I try to answer everything in my vids, so chances are the answer is just a few views away.

New! now you can refer to my FAQ page, which is a growing list, if you don't see your question there now, keep checking back.

World of Warcraft™ and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. This site is in no way associated with or endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment®.

Which Invention is Cooler?